Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag

Just recently Faith over at Stories by Firefly did the Bibliophile Sweater Tag. She left it open for whoever wanted to do it, so I decided I would. Since I wasn't officially tagged I'm not going to post all of the rules and stuff. I also am not going to tag anyone, so feel free to do this tag if you want to!

Fuzzy Sweater (A book that is the epitome of comfort.)
The A Life of Faith: Millie Keith series. These books are SO good! They are definitely my top favorite series!

Striped Sweater (Book you devoured every line of.)
I could go with Millie again, but I'll choose something else. ;)
A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke is a book that I could hardly put down.

Ugly Christmas Sweater (Book with a weird cover.)
Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison by Lois Lenski. The cover doesn't actually look weird, but the girl on the front cover who is supposed to be Mary Jemison has brown hair and brown eyes. In the book it says that she has blue eyes and very blond hair, so it's a bit strange that the cover doesn't match the descriptions in the book.

Cashmere Sweater (The most expensive book you bought.)
The two books that I paid the most for would be Millie's Grand Adventure and Millie's Fiery Trail. They had just gone out of print and were a little harder to find, but I loved them so much so I paid quite a bit for them.

Hoodie (Favorite classic book.)
I really haven't read many classics. The A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore series count as classics, right...? Because pretty much everyone has heard of Elsie Dinsmore from either the original books of the A Life of Faith ones.

Cardigan (Book you bought on impulse.)
Back in the Saddle by Ruth Logan Herne is a book that I kind of bought on impulse. I had seen the cover of book 2 in a CBD catalog and it was pretty cute. When I found out that it was the second book I decided to get book 1. It was pretty good, not a favorite but not bad either.

Turtleneck Sweater (Book from your childhood.)
I read Elsie's Endless Wait several times when I was younger. I really enjoyed that book along with the second book in the series because Elsie is a young girl in those two, so I liked them better than the other books because she was around my age in those first books. I'm hoping to re-read the A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore series in the coming year!

Homemade Knitted Sweater (Book that is Indie published.)
Just within the last two years I've read several Indie books. One of my favorites though is Dandelion Dust by Faith Potts.

V-Neck Sweater (A book that did not meet your expectations.)
The Imposter by Suzanne Woods Fisher didn't quite meet my expectations.

Argyle Sweater (Book with a unique format.)
The Christmas Star by Ace Collins had a kind of cool format. At the beginning of the chapter it had the month, day, years, and the time. So it looked like: December 23, 1943 6:15p.m. I thought that it was cool to have the time in there.

Polka-Dot Sweater (A book with well rounded characters.)
The Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn has pretty well rounded characters. The author  showed a bunch of different sides of the characters. When they were happy, sad, upset, excited...


That's all of the questions!
The 12 Days of Christmas log party starts in one week so I'll be having lots of fun Christmas posts coming up!



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did this tag, Rebekah, and I so enjoyed reading it! :D
    Oh, A Gown of Spanish Lace was super good! I need to re-read that one. ;)
    That always annoys me when the cover doesn't match the story... :P Like, really, people?! Get it right!! ;)
    Aww, thank you for mentioning DD! <3
    I thought the formatting of A Christmas Star was pretty cool too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Faith! =)
      “A Gown of Spanish Lace” really is a great book! I want to re-read it too! I’m hoping to in January. The book is so fun and snowy that I thought that would be the perfect time to do it. ;)
      I know!! It’s so weird when the cover doesn’t match the story.
      You’re welcome! <3 I love it!
      It really was. I don’t think I’ve seen another book that has the time in it. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :D I’m glad you did, Paige!! Feel free to do it if you want! :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun tag! I'll have to check out some of the books you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed it, Ashley! Yes, you definitely should!! :D

      Delete