Thursday, December 14, 2017

It's That Time of Year! ~12 Days of Christmas and a Book Review

It's that time of year again!!



Time for the 12 Days of Christmas blog party hosted by Faith over at Stories by Firefly. This is the third year that she is doing it and also the third year that I am participating in it. I’ll be doing a fun Christmas post each day from now until Christmas. Faith will be too. You should definitely check out her blog to see all of her fun posts, plus she has a list of all the other bloggers participating in the party with their posts. 
There are only 12 days left until Christmas!!! Can you believe it? 
Okay, today for my first post I will be doing a book review.


           *************************************************************************

From the Back Cover:
Robert Reed gave his life for his country in the early days of World War II. His sacrifice was honored when his widow and son were presented with the Congressional Medal of Honor. At Christmas, the final decoration Marge Reed hangs on the family’s tree is that medal. Rather than being a symbol of honor for young Jimmy Reed that shining star represents loss, pain, and suffering. 

Yet a message delivered by one of Robert’s fellow soldiers and a mystery letter found in a Bible put a father’s sacrifice and faith into perspective and bring new meaning to not just the star hanging on the Christmas tree but the events of the very first Christmas. Then, when least expected, a Christmas miracle turns a final bit of holiday sadness into a joy that Jimmy has never known.


The Christmas Star is a really great book. I wasn’t too sure what to expect starting this book, but I ended up really enjoying it. I don’t think that the back cover really gives that great of an idea of what the book is about. So even if you don’t think it sounds the most fun, you should still give it a try! The Christmas Star definitely kept me on the edge of my seat several times. I was really wondering a couple times if the book could actually end well or not. 
I can’t say much without giving the story away, except for you should really read this book! :)


I give this book 9 R's out of 10 





4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book! I'll definitely have to check it out :) Can't wait to see more 12DoC posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was great! You definitely should, Ashley! :)
      I'm really excited to do more posts and to see other bloggers posts too!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the blog party, Rebekah! Great review. :D I'm planning to review this one this weekend. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you so much for hosting it!! :) Thanks! I can't wait to see your review! *winks*

      Delete