Friday, December 29, 2017

Between Heaven and Hollywood // Book Review

About the Book:
Between Heaven & Hollywood is David’s inspirational journey from the wheat fields of his Mennonite home outside of Dodge City Kansas, to the bright lights of Los Angeles. This story of perseverance will assure you that your dreams aren’t frivolous. They might be the most important part of your life. 

White has starred in more than twenty-five movies and produced forty films, including the blockbuster God’s Not Dead. He serves as a Managing Partner of Pure Flix, the largest faith-based movie studio in the world. With his signature wit and sidesplitting hilarity, David’s story of faithfulness, grounded in the biblical truth that no dream is too big for God, will inspire you to relentlessly pursue your dreams, and in the process, bring the reality of God’s kingdom a little closer to the here and now. 

God has planted a dream in your heart that is both unique to you and essential to the world. White reminds us that there is no one too common, too uneducated, too poor, too inexperienced, or too broken that he or she cannot be used by God.



When I saw that David A. R. White had written a book, I just knew I had to get it. I wanted it for two reasons. Because it's:

  1. written by David A. R. White and I really like his movies.
  2. about chasing your God-given dreams.

This book is so good! David A. R. White talks about how to go about pursuing your God-given dreams and how to know if they are actually God-given dreams or just your own dreams.
In this book he also talks about his life and his journey to Hollywood. This was especially fun since I really didn't know much about him before reading this book. It was fun to see how he went from growing up as a Mennonite in Kansas to acting and making movies. He went on to talk about getting to Hollywood and his early days there, making his first movie, meeting his wife, and lots of other things all while helping you figure out your dreams. It was also fun to see how Pure Flix was started and what their first movie was. I learned a lot of fun facts about David A. R. White's movies and I also learned how to tell if my dreams are God-given ones.

David A. R. White is also really funny and this book definitely had me laughing several times. Between Heaven and Hollywood is such a great book and definitely one that I would highly recommend.

One quote that I especially like is from p.128 and it says: "A God-given dream is a persistent and clinging thing that will not be wiped from your heart."


I give this book 10 R's out of 10




2 comments:

  1. Wonderful review, Rebekah! :) I just might have to read this one sometime. I love that quote... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You really should read it sometime, Faith! :) I read that and just loved it. ;)

      Delete