Saturday, December 16, 2017

Chocolate Chip Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies

Welcome everyone to the third day in the 12 Days of Christmas blog party! I hope you all have been enjoying all of the Christmasy fun that's been going on! 
Last night it started snowing for the first time this season!!!!!!! :D :D I am just SO excited!! I'm hoping for lots more snowy days and I'm dreaming of a white Christmas! ;)

Today I am here to share a recipe for chocolate chip peppermint candy cane cookies! This is actually a recipe that I came up with and I am really happy with how they turned out.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp peppermint extract
chocolate chips (around 1 cup)
some crushed candy canes (about 4 candy canes)



Directions:
Stir flour with baking soda and salt. In a large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint. Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Next, drop dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for around 10 min. at 375 degrees (F).
After the cookies are done baking and and you've pulled them out of the oven, keep them on the cookie sheet and sprinkle the crushed candy canes onto the cookie. Put the sheet back in the oven for about 1 min. so the candy canes can melt a little. Pull out of the oven, put the cookies on a wire rack, and let them cool for a bit. Then enjoy!


If you try these cookies I'd love to hear what you think of them! :)


What's one of your favorite Christmas cookies?


6 comments:

  1. Aw these look so good!! I personally love anything peppermint so I know I will just love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with how they turned out! :) I love peppermint stuff too!

      Delete
  2. Looks so yummy 😊 I think I shall have to make some

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound sooo good, Rebekah! I love peppermint stuff, and these sound especially good. We're going to do some baking next week, so maybe we'll make these. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! I'm really happy with how they turned out! :D I love peppermint stuff too! Oh fun! I really hope you enjoy them if you make them. =)

      Delete