Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas Book Recommendations

I hope everyone has been having as much fun in the 12 Days of Christmas party as I have. Remember to check out Faith's blog each day to see her posts and to get a line-up of the other participating bloggers posts!

 I love reading Christmas books at Christmas time! These are a few that I've read this year and have enjoyed. 



Christmas with Tucker by Greg Kincaid

This book was so good! Christmas with Tucker is the prequel to A Dog Named Christmas. I'm not quite sure what made this book stand out to me so much, but I loved it. 


A Christmas Gift for Rose by Tricia Goyer

This book was pretty good. I enjoyed the story and seeing how everything would work out. The one thing I didn't care for was how the main character, Rose, reacted to a certain situation. I am glad I read it though after several years of it being on my to be read list. 


12 Days at Bleakly Manor by Michelle Griep

I liked the idea of this story, but some of the storyline I felt I had a harder time following but that might've just been me. ;) Towards the end it definitely got more intriguing and overall I did enjoy this book.  


Christmas in Winter Hill by Melody Carlson

This one wasn't my favorite book by Melody Carlson, but it was still a good story. I do feel like Christmas books by this author tend to be a bit too short. I always want to know just a little more. I do really like the cover of this one!



A Christmas Home by Greg Kincaid

A Christmas Home is the sequel to A Dog Named Christmas. It was fun to catch up with the characters and to see where they were at in life. 


A Christmas by the Sea by Melody Carlson

Christmas by the Sea is a good book. I always like a coastal town setting, and the storyline was enjoyable. 


The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury

I've been wanting to read The Bridge since I I watched the movie a few years ago. I enjoyed it and wish the bridge was a real place!



What Christmas books have you enjoyed this Christmas season?
Have you read any of these?



9 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I think I have watched part of "The Bridge" movie many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay! It’s been awhile since I saw The Bridge, but I remember it being pretty good.

      Delete
  2. I've heard several of these and can concur that they are amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm Caitlyn :) I see you are interested in Amish. My parents grew up Amish, and both sets of my grandparents are still Amish (My parents left the Amish after getting married).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my mom just did a guest post on my blog about her childhood as an Amish girl.

      Delete
    2. Oh, that’s neat! I’ll have to check it out. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these reviews!! They look like good books.

    ReplyDelete