Friday, December 13, 2019

A Read Down Memory Lane

I got the idea for this post and the title from my friend, Brooklyne! I love it when others can help you come up with fun blogging ideas.
Today I am going to be talking about some of my favorite books from over the years as we travel down memory lane.

One of my first favorite books was We’re Going on a Bear Hunt. I loved this book so much. My mom read it to me so many times. We checked it out multiple times at the library before we ended up getting our own copy.
As I got a little older I would sometimes read it to my younger brothers.



Super Time for Frieda Fuzzy Paws
My dad use to read this book to us kids all the time. Our copy of it is literally falling apart now.



Hubert’s Hair-Raising Adventure
This book is so funny! I love it and it’s one of those books that whenever I babysit I always take it with me. All the kids I’ve ever read it to have loved it.



The Boxcar Children series
My dad use to read this series to my siblings and I and it was always so much fun reading a few chapters each night and trying to guess the mystery.



Paul Bunyan
This book is one my mom read to us kids. We read a few chapters each morning then when we were done we had Paul Bunyan Day where we had giant pancakes for breakfast and all of our meals somehow went along with the book.



A Life of Faith: Elsie Dinsmore
Once I got into book 1, Elsie’s Endless Wait I couldn’t stop! Elsie and I were around the same age and I adored this book. Then I read book 2 and flew through it as well! The first 2 books were my favorite because Elsie was so close to my age. In the other books she started to grow up and I didn’t find them as fun, but now that I’m older I am in desperate need to go back and read them!!



The Littles
When I read my first book about a family named The Littles, I thought it was so cool. Who doesn’t want to read about a tiny family that lives in the walls of a house?



American Girl Mysteries
I’ve always been an American Girl fan. I read so many of the mysteries and absolutely loved them.



Dear America
Then there’s the Dear America series. I got so many of these from the library. I really enjoyed reading stories about girls my age who lived in different time periods. Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie has always been my favorite!



Millie Keith
One day while I was at our nearby Christian Bookstore with my mom, we saw the A Life of Faith books. It was when they were going out of print and where on sale. Since I loved the Elsie books, my mom suggested I give the Millie books a try. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it. But we got the first two books, and oh my goodness! That series turned into my favorite series ever!



Circle C Adventures
When I first started the first book in this series, I wasn’t sure how much I’d like it, but it was so good. I couldn't get to the library fast enough to read them!



Did you read any of these as a kid? :)


2 comments: