Saturday, December 14, 2019

12 Days of Christmas is Back / Book Review

The annual 12 Days of Christmas blog party is back for it's 5th year!! Faith has done a fantastic job of creating and running the party every year. I've had the pleasure of participating in it each year. :)
I'm excited to do some Christmas posts and to read everyone else's posts too.




Today I will be doing a book review.

****************************

From the Back Cover:
When she receives the news in late 1944 that her baby's father was shot down in the South Pacific, Amelia Richards loses hope. Jobless and broke, she has nowhere to turn for help but her infant's paternal grandparents. The only problem is, they don't know that she--or their grandson--exists. When Amelia discovers that the family is wealthy and influential, dare she disclose the truth of her relationship with their son? Or could the celebration of the arrival of another unexpected baby nearly two thousand years ago be the answer to her dilemma?


The Christmas Blessing is a sweet Christmas story. It did feel like it was a little short though. It was a slower paced story, but right towards the end things started happening fast and it felt a bit rushed. I kind of wish it would've been a longer story because I wanted to know a little more about what happened at the end and to see a bit more.
Although I wished it was longer, I did enjoy the book and it was pretty sweet!!

I give this book 7.5 R's out of 10



Don't forget to head over to Stories by Firefly to read Faith's post!


8 comments:

  1. Love that cover a lot!! ;) great review too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cover. Thank you for sharing this book. I love christmas books and read them all year long. Thank you for your review.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year I say I'm going to read this book, and I still haven't. xD Nice review!

    Thanks for being a veteran member of 12DoC. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I think you'd enjoy it. Especially the end. ;)
      I say that each year about the Father Christmas books. ;)

      I always look forward to participating. Thanks for hosting it each year. <3

      Delete
  4. I'm lovin everyone's posts this year for 12 Days of Christmas Blog Party! Grat Post!👍 Naomi*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! All of these Christmas posts are so fun! :)

      Delete