Friday, February 14, 2020

When Calls the Heart Blog Party // Day 2 // Couples

Happy Valentine's Day! 💕 Welcome to day 2 of the party!



Today Faith and I are guest posting on each other's blogs. :)
-------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! I’m guest posting today on Rebekah’s blog, while she’s guest-posting on mine. We’re each giving our thoughts and opinions on the show’s “current couples.” My thoughts are here, and you can hop over to my blog to read Rebekah’s opinions!



>> Lee & Rosemary <<
One of my all-time favorite couples from the show. They also happen to be the ​only​ favorite couple of mine which are both still (1) alive, and (2) on the show regularly.
I didn’t like Rosemary at first. She was trying to steal Jack away from Elizabeth, she was slightly obnoxious, and her affinity for the color red sent my eyebrows skyward. Needless to say, she’s grown on me. Very much. Quite rapidly, too, after she got her claws out of Jack.
Lee, also, didn’t immediately gain a spot on my favorites list when he came roaring into town on his motorcycle. I actually thought he was some sort of conman, and Rosemary’s infatuation with him only added to my belief that he was up to no good. But once I realized he was upright, I became a total fan.
And I’ll always adore their love story. They’re very different people, but they compliment each other nicely. And, I mean, their jokes and sarcasm are top-notch, too.


>> Jesse & Clara <<
Ahh, yes, the young ones. I wasn’t sure what to make of this couple to begin with, but I’ve warmed up to them. They’ve definitely had their ups and downs, but S6 was good for them and I hope S7 is, too. <3
 Clara is a sweet character. I was surprised by her appearance on the show and the news of her brief marriage to Abigail’s son, Peter. But it made for a unique storyline, which I liked.
I didn’t like Jesse in the beginning. Again, I thought he was a conman. (See the trend?) He was too, I don’t know, smart-alecky? I thought he had an ulterior motive for getting close to Clara. But after he like, saved the town or whatever, I tried to trust that there was some good in there. Somewhere. ;)
(Also, random side note here, but am I the only person who thinks these two ​look alike?​ ? I know, weird. But I think their eyes and face structures have a lot of similarities... #sidetracked)



>> Carson & Faith <<
Okay, gonna be honest here. I’m...not sure what to think about this one. I’m not exactly against it, but I haven’t decided if I’m ​for​ it. It just feels kind of forced to me.
They’ve worked together all this time with no awkward doctor/nurse flirtiness—until now. I liked Carson with that friend of Rosemary’s. I liked Faith with Phillip’s dad, Shane. But with each other? Not sure...
Would you believe it? I didn’t trust Carson at first ​either​! *shock waves* His eyes are nice, though, so while I didn’t exactly trust him, I found it hard to believe he was a terrible person.
I also wasn’t sure if I liked Faith at first. Although she wasn’t trying to snag Jack, he could easily be perceived that way and I just don’t like that sort of thing. I began to like her more as she started to settle into life in Hope Valley.

So, yup, I guess that wraps it up. I could talk about the love-triangle we’ve got going on over there with Elizabeth/Lucas/Nathan... But we don’t have time for that, so let me just say this—I’m voting for the uniform. Hands down. ;)
Until next time, homies. *waves*

--------------------------------------------

I loved reading your thoughts on these Hope Valley couples, Faith!

You can hop on over to Faith's blog to read my thoughts about the couples!


11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what to think of Carson and Faith. I need to watch season 6. Also, haven't always been sure off Jesse and Clara. They both are a little frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda like them together. ;) Yes, you definitely need to watch season 6!
      I agree. Jesse and Clara can be a sweet couple, but there are for sure those times when they are frustrating!

      Delete
  2. I’ve come to very similar conclusions...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad we could swap posts together, Rebekah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about Jesse and Clara, Carson and Faith... (Yes?) I watch on Netflix and it only has till season 5 so I haven't heard it all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - It is a great story though.
      ~SawyerMarie
      Sundropgirls.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hope you get to watch season 6 soon! It's so good!!

      Delete
  5. I loved hearing your thoughts on the couples!!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete