Saturday, September 1, 2018

A New Job, Hallmark Movies, and Summer Fun // My August Highlights

Can you believe that summer is almost over!? It's kind of hard for me to believe. I'm really looking forward to fall though! I can't wait.
August was a great month. It was fun and somewhat relaxing. ;) I got lots of reading done which was amazing.



~I got another job! My first day of work was on July 31. I am working at this little deli here in town that serves lunch. I take orders out to people, clear tables, and run the cash register. Some days I do more of one thing then the other. I'm really enjoying the job and the people I work for are really nice.

~I babysat our neighbors daughter who just turned 2 years old. She is so adorable and it was a blast watching her.

--I made another book video! I filmed this one in front of my color coordinated bookshelves.


~We had 4 kids stay with us for a few days. It was fun. One night the two older girls, ages 12 and 15, and I watched a movie together. Then the next night the 3 of us went over to their house where we had the place to ourselves and stayed up late watching movies and eating caramel popcorn. :) I had a lot of fun hanging out with the girls.

~My mouth has finally healed up all of the way since having my wisdom teeth out. Sure, it took 5 months, but hey, at least it healed! ;D

~I had my last day of work at my housecleaning job. I had been doing it for 2 1/2 years. It was a bit bittersweet. The lady I cleaned house for is super sweet so it was sad to say goodbye. I had a little "retirement party", which just means we had a special snack. ;)

~This actually happened in July, but I forgot to mention it. I made it into a blog post on the Circle C blog! It was pretty cool! =)

~A friend of mine and I got together to celebrate her birthday. It was a little bit of a belated celebration, but still a ton of fun. She came over to my house and we had some birthday snacks, I gave her a gift, and we had fun talking for 2 hours. The time flew by so fast and we couldn't quite believe it had been 2 hours.

~I bought these cute wall stickers at Hobby Lobby and had fun decorating around my window seat. Let's just say I've been reading in there a lot... ;)



~The weather this month has been super hot! One day it got to 107 degrees F. It is so dry around here and the fire danger is very high. It's also been so smoky around here. The smoke makes a really  beautiful moon and sun, but it's definitely not good. Thankfully it's finally clearing up.

~There was meteorite showers a couple nights one week and it was really cool to watch. I got eaten by mosquitoes but the meteorites were really pretty!

~My family and I hosted a game day at our house in celebration of my dad's birthday. We had friends over and had a fun afternoon/evening playing games and visiting with friends.


~Movies~
I watched lots of fun movies. 
--The Garage Sale Mysteries! Those are great and  I watched all four new ones: The Pandora's Box Murders, The Mask Murder, Picture a Murder, and Murder in D Minor. Then I saw the Aurora Teagarden Mystery: The Disappearing Game. That one premiered last month, but unfortunately I was sick that day and didn't get to watch it until this month.
--I watched A Summer to Remember with a friend!
--My parents and I watched an old Hallmark movie called Rose Hill. It was quite enjoyable.
--The 3rd season of Chesapeake Shores has started! It is off to a great start. This is definitely a series I enjoy. :)




What was August like for you? Any special memories?
Who else is super excited for fall?


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a awesome August!!! Yum, caramel popcorn! :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Rebekah! I enjoyed reading about your month and I'm so glad you had a good August! Hard to believe summer is coming to an end, especially since it definitely feels like summer today. ;)
    Your color coordinated books are so pretty! Do you still have them arranged that way?
    Ahh, the window seat is so cute!! I would spend a lot of time there too if you were you. ;)
    Watching A Summer to Remember was so much fun! <3 I'm going to have to try Chesapeake Shores sometime... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! I know! Summer is just about over.
      Thanks! Hehe, yep they still are. I can’t believe it actually! I’m planning to put it back soon. It doesn’t look very nice anymore because I’ve taken books out for different reasons and such. ;)
      I really like it!
      Yes, watching A Summer to Remember was super fun! :D Yes, you should try Chesapeake Shores sometime and let me know what you think! ;D

      Delete
  3. You had a busy awesome month! I love reading your posts !!
    Haha, it’s actuallay been the opposite here, freezing cold! I had to turn in my fireplace! 😂
    Your shelves are so gorgeous! I love them !! and your video was so fun. :D
    Your window seat looks so fun! And I love the stickers! I would definitely would be reading in there all the time if I were you!
    Ooh, I’m dying to watch Chesapeake Shore sometime! It looks so good! I loved this post, Rebekah! Im glad you were able to read a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victoria! It makes me happy to hear you enjoy my posts. :) *hugs*
      Oh wow! Really? It’s been so hot here!
      Thanks, I liked how the shelves turned out.
      I’m really liking my window seat with the new stickers. :)
      I think Chesapeake Shores is fun!

      Delete
  4. This whole summer was awesome, though I think I'm ready for fall too! - June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My summer was lots of fun too! I am super excited for fall to come though! :D

      Delete