Sunday, September 30, 2018

Earrings, Good Movies, and My Birthday!!! ~ My September Highlights!

September was a fun month! :D



~I got my ears pierced!! I was so nervous and almost didn't do it, but my mom convinced me to. I love having my ears pierced and I'm so glad I did it. I thought it would really hurt, but it barley did.



~After I got my ears pierced my mom and I went to the movie theatre and saw God Bless the Broken Road. It was really good!

~I won a contest in our small town's paper and won 4 movie tickets for the local theatre. I used one of the tickets and went to see Christopher Robin with my mom and older brother. It was really cute, a little sad, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

~I participated in two readathons this month. The first one I did with my friend, Faith, and got lots of reading done! The second one I did was one hosted by Faith and I participated with her and some other girls. I hardly read at all that time though.

~Fall officially came! I found this fun pillow the other day and just had to get it.



~My brother is playing flag football again! His team won their first game of the season a couple weeks ago. In that game they made 7 touchdowns and my brother, James, made 4 of them!!!

~I had a girls night with some friends. We watched a Hallmark movie, played games, and watched Full House.

~I don't look my age at all. Most people guess me to be about in the 13 to 15 age range. Well, this calls for lots of interesting stories about what people say to me at work. I'm constantly getting asked how old I am and why I'm not in school. I work at a little deli here in town and one day I was taking this couple their lunch. The lady looks at me and says, "Shouldn't you be in school?" I smile and say, "I'm actually almost 22." Both the husband and wife are shocked. Then one of them says, "You don't look a day over 12!" Then the husband says, "Well I guess we'll take your word for it and not call the truant officer." I didn't quite know what to say... ;)

~I only got around to posting one video, but I have lots of others planned so you will hopefully see those soon!

~I watched two fun Hallmark movies with a friend of mine!!

~My mom, sister, two of my brothers, and I went to the mall one afternoon. I bought some earrings and some clothes. One dress I bought was originally $72 but I got it for $11!! Talk about a good deal! :D

~My birthday!! My birthday is in September and I had a great day. Pizza for dinner and brownies for dessert! We played two of my favorite games as a family: Scattergories and Telestrations!
I received lots of fun gifts. I got a new purse, earrings, The First Love by Beverly Lewis, some shirts, and lots of other lovely gifts!


~Two days before my birthday I had a party with some friends. We played Imaginiff and ate cupcakes.


Movies! I watched some good movies this month!
All of My Heart: The Wedding
Truly, Madly, Sweetly
Chesapeake Shores (only 1 episode left until the season finale!)
Moonlight in Vermont
God Bless the Broken Road
Christopher Robin


What was one of the best things you've done in September?
Have you seen any of these movies?
Do people think you're older or younger than your actual age? ;D



13 comments:

  1. Awesome end of the month post!!! Sounds (and looks) like you had a really fun September! :)
    That pillow is so cute! And the cupcake is making me hungry! *winks*
    And I totally can relate to the age thing! Most people think I am way younger than I am! O eve I had someone guess that I was 14 (I'm 17) but then guess my younger sister (13) to be older than me!!! *shakes head*
    Telestrations is so fun! :)
    What has been your favorite book you have read in September?
    I can't believe it's the first day of October today! It seems like the closer we get to the end of 2018, the faster the months fly by! :)
    Have a great day! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great September!
      I’m really liking that pillow. ;) Hehe! *winks back*
      Oh wow! Yep, sounds like you can relate. People think my younger brothers who are 4 and 6 years younger than me are actually older than me too… *sigh* ;D
      Telestrations is definitely one of my new favorite games.
      Sadly I didn’t read much in September. I really did enjoy the book “Brimming with Questions” though. It’s the 18th book in the Tearoom Mysteries series. What was one of your favorite books that you read in September?
      The year really does seem to be flying by! It’ll be Christmas before we know it!

      Delete
    2. Hmm, favorite book from September? I only read like 2 1/2 books, but I did finish Friends and Enemies by Stephen Bly and it was good. I'm half way through Martin Hospitality now....! ;)

      Delete
    3. That's about how many books I read in September too! I've never read Friends and Enemies before.
      Eeps!! How are you liking Martin Hospitality?! :D

      Delete
    4. I like it a lot! I love the cover so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous post, Rebekah! <3 Sounds like you had an amazing month.
    Oh, winning tickets to the theatre—that's super fun!
    The readathons were a blast!
    Watching movies with you is so fun. :)
    I love that pillow. ;)
    Hehe, that story is so cute and funny. I get mistaken for being younger than I am too! No one believes I'm out of school. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did have a great month. :)
      Yes, I was quite excited to have won those tickets. Now if only some good movies will come to the theatre. ;)
      It really was! I love readathons! :D
      <3 Watching movies with you is super fun! <3
      I saw that pillow and had to get it. =)
      Hehe, it was definitely interesting! You too! You will probably get the “why aren’t you in school question” lots then .;D

      Delete
  3. People say that I look older than my age. People say My sister who is twenty looks sixteen, so she knows how you feel. -June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? People think my younger brothers are older than they are too! :D

      Delete