Thursday, August 30, 2018

Where Dandelions Grow // Book Review

From the Back Cover:
Cousins are forever, or at least they’re supposed to be. 

What happens when your world falls apart and your dreams are mocked by those closest to you? 

Destiny’s idyllic childhood full of laughter and cousins abruptly ended when her mom uprooted the family to move them across the country with strict instructions to never talk about Swallow Ridge again. Eleven years later Destiny moves back to her hometown, determined to find her cousins… and answers. 

Plagued by generations of bitterness and manipulation, Destiny hides her life-long goal - unwilling to let anyone else trample her fragile dreams. But living in the cozy town full of dandelions teaches Destiny there’s more to life than what she’s been taught. 

Is it possible Swallow Ridge not only holds the answers Destiny so intensely searches for, but also the hope?


When this book came out last fall, I wanted to read it. I thought it sounded good. Where Dandelions Grow is a nice novella and it was a good story. I enjoyed reading about Destiny and her journey to find herself and to reconnect with her cousins. I did have a bit of a hard time trying to read the book though, and I found it somewhat slow. If you are looking for a short read (that’s set in the fall!) you should definitely give it a try! Cousins are forever, or at least they’re supposed to be.


I give this book 7.5 R's out of 10




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read! What do you think made it slow? Great review! :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good, just not a favorite. :) I'm not sure exactly. The whole storyline just felt a bit slow to me.

      Delete
  2. Nice review, Rebekah! This book wasn't my favorite either, but it was a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was pretty good, just not a favorite. =)

      Delete
  3. I loved hearing your thoughts on this one !! It looks pretty good but I can understand what your saying about slow books. Definitely makes me enjoy them a bit less. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, slower books make them not quite as enjoyable... :)

      Delete