Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Christmas Traditions/Memories

Christmas is in exactly one week!!! That's so crazy!!!



Today I am going Christmas shopping with my mom once I get off work. Hopefully I can get gifts for the rest of the special people on my list.

Today I will be sharing some of my favorite Christmas traditions/memories.

~On Christmas morning my younger sibling and I used to always be so excited to get up early. My parents said that we couldn't get them up until 7:00, but we could get up at 6:00 if we wanted to. So my sister and two younger brothers would get up at 6:00 and hang out in my and my sister's room. As we got older and my sister and I got separate rooms she stopped getting up early with us. Now it's just my brothers and I who get up at 6:00 and hang out in my room. Although I usually have to go wake them up. ;)
Once everyone is up we read the Christmas story. Then we open up stocking and have breakfast which is usually homemade cinnamon rolls. After breakfast we open presents.
For dinner we have an early dinner of prime rib. In the evening we'll hang out as a family and sometimes we'll play a game and/or watch a movie.

~My dad is self employed so each year we have a work company Christmas party. It's just us, but it's something I always look forward to. Having a family party is a blast. We tend to have pizza for dinner. My parents put together a basket with a movie, game, and snacks. We watch the movie with our pizza. Then we play the game and eat snacks and we have a gift exchange too.

~My younger brothers and I always love to sleep in the living room by the Christmas tree at least a few times during December.

~Christmas baking. We do Christmas baking more some years then others, but it's always fun,...and delicious!


Don't forget to check out Faith's blog today!



4 comments:

  1. Family memories are priceless! Loved reading about some of yours! I can't believe Christmas is so close! :) Happy shopping!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They most definitely are! <3 Aw, thanks. :)
      I know right?! Thank you! I did have fun shopping. :D

      Delete
  2. All of y'all's traditions sound amazing! I'm not a fan of getting up at 6:00, even on Christmas... ;) If I wake up first (rare!), I'll usually wait for Tucker to wake everyone up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're pretty special to me! <3
      Hehe, Christmas is the time of year that I love getting up early! ;)
      Yeah, I'm the one who usually is waking everyone up. ;D

      Delete