Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Katie in Waiting by Erynn Mangum

A few weeks ago I read my first Erynn Mangum book, Katie in Waiting. It was AMAZING!
It really spoke to me and it really helped me out with some things I was going through.
This book described me so well. Katie was SO similar to me, this book should've been called "Rebekah in Waiting"! ;D


Katie McCoy has always wanted to get married. She's been waiting for the right man to come into her life, but he's just not showing up. Katie doesn't understand why God doesn't bring someone along for her.
There was literally so much that I could relate to. How Katie felt about certain things, her thoughts, we even shared many likes and dislikes. It was crazy!


I loved how the theme of the book was to wait. Wait for the right guy. If God has plans for you to get married then He most definitely will bring the right man into your life at the right moment.
I know I've always dreamed of getting married and having kids. I've dreamed about that for so many years. I've gotten discouraged before too, but this book was such a lovely reminder that God has it ALL under control. Wait for His timing. It's the best!



I can't wait to read the other two books in the series! The next two books follow Katie's friends, Eliza and Ashten. 

I highly recommend this book. 
Another book I highly recommend, especially to young ladies who are single and in that time of waiting, is the book Praying For Your Future Husband by Robin Jones Gunn and Tricia Goyer. It was very inspiring and helpful to me when I read it last year and I'm already planning to read it again! 

Have you read Katie in Waiting before?
What's one book that has inspired you?


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I need to read this book!!!! Waiting on God's timing is so important, yet at the same time we should imbrace where we are at and live in the moment! Because we have a purpose to live out right now. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brooklyne!! :) It's a great book, but you can already probably tell how much I like it based on how much I talk about it. ;)
      Yes, definitely! We need to wait on God's timing and just embrace and live life to the fullest in the season of life we are currently in. <3 Each season of time we are in has a purpose!

      Delete