Tuesday, August 20, 2019

God is in Control! Don't Worry!

Have you ever been worried about your future? Stressed out about things that are coming up?
I think everyone has felt that way before. I know I have. I wish I didn't worry so much, although I have gotten better recently. I need to remember that God is in control always. He has a plan for everything.
So why stress out over things that are out of our control? Worrying doesn't help at all! In fact, it can make things worse.
I have a quote on my bedroom wall that says: "Pray about everything, worry about nothing." Sometimes that gets switched around and I worry about everything and don't pray. That is not how it should be. Trusting in God can be hard. It can be hard to let go, but if we think about it, it shouldn't be hard. God knows the future. He knows what will happen. I don't want to waste time worrying about things that are out of my control. I want to live life to the fullest! Each day is a special gift, so I want to treat it like one!


These are some of my favorite verses about trusting in God and not worrying.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight. ~Proverbs 3:5-6 NASB

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7 NASB

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary. ~Isaiah 40:31 NASB

‘Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ ~Isaiah 41:10 NASB

“For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’~Isaiah 41:13 NASB



Jesus loves you!! 💙


4 comments:

  1. This is a great post! Some of my favorite verses that talk about trusting God are Psalm 112:7-8 and Psalm 46:1-3. Our God is so mighty and sovereign; He knows all and sees all, and everything He does is for our good and His glory. Because of this, I would like to be able to make David's prayer from the first verse in Psalm 26 my own: "I have trusted in the LORD without wavering."
    Thank you for sharing this reminder! ❤

    ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellen! Those are great verses! Yes, definitely! God has a plan for everything. <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. God is in control of everything for sure! *hugs* <3

      Delete