Monday, May 21, 2018

My Friend the Bird

It's that time of year again! This is the third year in a row that we've had a heron at our place. It comes each spring and yes, I like to think it's the same one. ;) It only sticks around for a few days but it likes to perch on our roof and eats some of the fish out of our pond. I really like this bird (aside from the fact that it loves our little fish). Now each spring I look for it. I've grown quite attached to it after my first sighting. ;) Unfortunately I've only seen the heron once this year. It was by our pond and I saw it out the kitchen window, but then it flew away.
Isn't it so pretty though?
If you haven't heard my previous heron stories you can read about my sighting of it here and my follow up story here.


11 comments:

  1. That's a good picture! That's interesting that it will actually perch on your roof! :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) Yes, it is. It's pretty cool though.

      Delete
  2. Ah the heron is back! I've loved hearing about this guy every year :P You should give him a name! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad you've enjoyed it, Ashley! =) Hehe, I've definitely thought of naming the guy, but I haven't found a name I love just yet. ;D

      Delete
  3. Did you take that picture? It's really good! - June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did take that picture. The heron was really close and I was happy to be able to get some pictures of it. Thank you! =)

      Delete
  4. AH! So neat!! Your pictures are great! I'm usually pretty noisy so I'd probably scare the bird off LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it’s really cool how the heron comes by! Thank you! :) Hehe, I was trying super hard to not scare it away, and was quite happy that I was able to get some pictures. ;)

      Delete
  5. Hey, I remember this series!!! *wink*

    ReplyDelete