Wednesday, March 7, 2018

To Get to You // Book Review

From the Back Cover:
To get to the girl he loves, Riley Kane must head off on a road trip with the father he never knew. Then pray for a miracle. Most teens would love to have a pro surfer for a dad. Just not Riley. Abandoned as a kid, he hates the sound of the ocean and the man who gave himself to it. When the eighteen-year-old learns that his best friend is stranded at a New Mexico hospital as her father fights for his life, Riley hits the highway to head east. But when his Jeep breaks down before he even leaves California, he must rely on the one man he despises to get to the girl who needs him the most. And when it comes to the surfer with the Volkswagen van and dog-eared map, a thousand miles may–or may not–be enough to heal the past. A story of new beginnings and second chances.

To Get to You is such a good book! A friend of mine told me how good this book was so, of course, I had to read it. I’m so glad I did! I had only read one other book by Joanne Bischof, but this is definitely my favorite. The story follows Riley, an eighteen year old. His dad is a pro surfer, but Riley doesn’t exactly like his father a whole lot since he left Riley and his mom when Riley was a kid. When Riley finds out that his friends father is in the hospital in New Mexico he sets off from California to be with his friend Becca and her family. Riley’s car breaks down and his only option left is to ask his dad for help. So Riley, his dad, and his dads friend set off on a road trip. There is some tension in the book because of strained relationships, but it has those heartfelt moments too. I was thinking that there was going to be quite a bit of faith content, but there really wasn’t. It was a story about grace and redemption, but not too much faith content at all. Also the book is only written from Riley’s point of view. That was different for me since pretty much all of the books I read are from the girl and sometimes the girl and guys point of view. I really enjoyed To Get to You though and I’m glad I read it!

I give this book 9 R's out of 10




4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! <3 Lovely review, girl. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for telling me about it. ;) Thank you, Faith! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I sooo want to read this! I love the mountains in the background on the cover! great review! Your making me want to read this even more;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the book was quite good. =) The cover is really nice! I hope you get to read it sometime and that you enjoy it! :D

      Delete