Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Iditarod 2018

The first couple Iditarod mushers have made it to the finish line in Nome! Joar Leifseth Ulsom won 1st place. He completed the race in 9d 12h 0m 0s.
The Iditarod is so much fun to follow! I admit that when my mom first said that we were going to follow the Iditarod for school that it didn’t sound very fun. I ended up having the most fun with it though! :)
During the Iditarod my younger brothers and I do the reading Iditarod. That is where you read a certain amount of pages based on how many miles the Iditarod is. Like when they take the northern route which is 975 miles we would read 975 pages and the same with the southern route. It is a fun, friendly competition that we enjoy doing each year. We always look forward to seeing which of us wins that.
If you have never followed the Iditarod before then I highly encourage you to do so! It starts the first Saturday in March with the ceremonial start and then the re-start is the next day.


4 comments:

  1. Watching the Iditarod is so much fun!! :D The reading Iditarod sounds like a lot of fun too. Pretty sure I would still be 'racing' if I'd did that this year... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!
      The reading Iditarod is lots of fun too! I’m actually still ‘racing’. We even started a little before the Iditarod started. ;)

      Delete
  2. Iditarod looks really neat! I should really watch it ;DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really neat! Yes, it is definitely really fun to follow! :D

      Delete