Saturday, February 13, 2021

When Calls the Heart Blog Party // Day 2 // Guest Post

Hey everyone! Welcome to day two of the party! Today Faith is guest posting on my blog and I’ll be over on her blog. We will be discussing none other than the two men in Elizabeth’s life: Lucas and Nathan!


Now before you go on to read Faith’s thoughts on this matter please know that I do not endorse all that will be said today on my blog. ;)
We were literally feuding last night over text...Okay not really, it’s all in good fun.
Now, onto the guest post!

--------------------------------------------------
 Are you Team Lucas or Team Nathan?
This has been the ongoing debate between some Hearties for a while now—ever since Jack’s death, the arrival of both fellows to Hope Valley, and the beginning of the love triangle. Then the questions began and teams formed. Who should Elizabeth end up with? Mountie Nathan Grant or saloon owner Lucas Bouchard?
Rebekah and I thought it would be fun to come up with some (semi unbiased) pros and cons for each guy. Because, as you already know if you read our collaboration post yesterday, we are on opposite sides of the debate. It makes for some fun conversations. ;)
Okay, here goes!



LUCAS BOUCHARD

~pros~
• If charming, well-dressed, mustached dudes are your thing, he’s attractive. (Personally, guys in suits aren’t my thing, but we shall see.)
• He’s a business owner, so there’s some monetary security in that, I suppose. Unless Canada goes dry... ;)
• Through his mother, he has connections to the publishing world and could help Elizabeth get her writing published.

~cons~
• He was involved in some shady dealings in the past that weren’t fully divulged. Like, the money in the fish thing... What was with that?
• Bill Avery, who is one of my WCTH favs, seems to dislike Lucas. Since Bill and Jack were close and he’s dedicated to looking after Elizabeth and Jack Jr., I trust his judgement.
• Pushing the boundaries of their burgeoning friendship, he submitted some of her work to a potential publisher without asking her if it was okay. Some people don’t have a problem with this, and honestly, I can see both sides. But personally, I would be upset if a guy I was interested in did the same to me.



NATHAN GRANT
(You know what they say about saving the best for last...)

 ~pros~
• Can we go ahead and give him bonus points simply because he’s a Mountie? Because I’m all about the uniform, y’all. Plus the whole “protects people for a living thing”? Very attractive.
• He’s raising his niece, Allie, so he understands something about being a parent. Also attractive.
• He is so handsome. I mean, c’mon. The hair. The smile. The great personality.

~cons~
• So back to the Mountie thing... I love the main guy of the show being a Mountie in early seasons. I would love to see Elizabeth with a Mountie again. But I’m not too blinded by the handsome man that I can’t see the other side of things. I’m sure, having lost one husband to service in the RCMP, it would be hard to be with another man who wears the same red serge.
• Elizabeth would become step-mom to a preteen girl, which I’m sure would take some adjusting since she already has a baby and teaches school.
• He still seems to be carrying some emotional baggage and unresolved feelings toward his convict father.

Okay, so... if you weren’t already convinced, you should be now... so, Team Lucas or Team Nathan?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Comment below which team you are!

To read my pros and cons to these two charming men, head over to Faith's blog


24 comments:

  1. Haha! You two are making me laugh! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill just isn’t trying very hard to be nice to Lucas. ;) I think because Bill was considering buying the saloon he’s just upset that Lucas beat him to it and that’s why he’s not giving Lucas a chance/dislikes him.
    Nathan, the best for last you say? Yes, Nathan is quite nice…but so handsome? Hmmmm….;D
    For some reason I never thought of Elizabeth becoming a step-mom to Allie if she went with Nathan. I have no clue why I never thought of that!

    #TeamLucas for the win! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I'd forgot about that. Kind of a silly thing to hold a grudge over though... ;)
      YES! Just look at that smile... *swoons*
      I think it would be cute though, because Elizabeth and Allie seem to get along pretty well already.

      #StillTeamNathan #AlwaysTeamNathan #GrantUsTheVictory (get it? Grant, like Nathan Grant? xD)

      Delete
    2. Well, you know how Bill can be at times... ;)
      Yeah. It's nice, not swoon worthy nice, but I will give you that it's pretty nice.
      Elizabeth and Allie do get along well, but you know, I think Lucas would make a nice step-dad for little Jack. <3

      Oh my word! *laughs* I get it! That is quite witty of you, Faith. ;)
      As good as that is, I'm sorry to say it's #TeamLucasForeverAndEver

      Delete
    3. *cough*
      #LucasAndElizabeth
      #HopeValleyWedding
      #TieTheKnot
      #TeamLucas
      #LucasIsBest
      😁😇

      Delete
    4. *smirks* I thought that was kinda funny ;)

      #TeamNathan
      #GrantUsTheVictory
      #GrantUsAFamily
      #Grant+Thornton

      Delete
    5. *laughs*

      #LucasAndElizabeth
      #MrAndMrsBouchard

      Hey,I have a fellow Heartie on my side. ;)Sawyer can see how good Lucas is! ;D

      Delete
    6. yeah, yeah... *scratches head* *resumes recruiting members to TeamNathan*

      Delete
  3. XD This is awesome. Sorry Rebekah, I'm 100% #TeamNathan. (That's just from y'all's posts, since I haven't watched the show in years.)
    And, Faith, the uniform is getting me, too. XD Wayyyyy better than a suit and tie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😱 I’m 2 seasons behind (can’t watch it 🙄)
      But I’m sooo team Lucas! I can’t see Elizabeth marrying another Mountie

      Delete
    2. @Abby

      YES!! #TeamNathan is always accepting new converts ;D Right? It's always the uniform.


      @Sawyer

      There's some good shows in those seasons...with Nathan... ;)

      Delete
  4. 🤣🤣 100% team Nathan!!!!!! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both rub me the wrong way... LOL

    *headdesk* *hides*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe... I wasn't sure if I'd like either of them in the beginning, tbh ;)

      Delete
    2. I was much too upset about Jack to appreciate any of them. XD At first I was irritated with another Mountie showing up, then irritated that Lucas would even think he could stand a chance. Then Nathan started growing on me. :) And Lucas a little bit too, but only to about the level of Charles Kensington.

      Delete
  6. I'm still Nathan. He even has a good name. Lucas is not a nice name XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah totally TeamNathan. Lucas just seems so...unpredictable and shady. But he covers it all up with charm and eloquent words, which is almost more disconcerting. I'm of the opinion that Nathan cares much more deeply for Elizabeth than Lucas. He may struggle to show it, but it's there. Also...while Lucas would probably find ways to get little Jack the nicest toys and the nicest everything it's obvious he does not share quite the same deep love for children as Elizabeth. *ahem* And another thing: I actually *like* Allie. Yeah, I know she has a bad attitude and has a lot to work on, but her, Elizabeth, and Nathan get along so well together. 'Nough said. XD

    ReplyDelete