Thursday, June 21, 2018

By the Book Tag!

Today is the first day of summer!! Summer is perfect for going outside and reading a good book, wearing flip-flops, grilling hamburgers, eating watermelon, and lots of other fun summery stuff!
Today I am doing a tag that Victoria from Victoria’s Book Nook tagged me to do. I did this tag 2 summers ago, but obviously some of the answers have changed since then so I definitely had to do it again!

1. What is on your nightstand right now?
Love Finds You in Victory Heights, Washington by Tricia Goyer and Ocieanna Fleiss and Tearoom in a Tempest by Leslie Gould is what I’m currently reading.

2. What was the last truly great book you read?
I'm not sure, maybe The Accidental Guardian. That one was pretty good, but I wouldn't call it a truly great book, but I still liked it. :)



3. If you could meet any writer - dead or alive - who would it be and what would you want to know?
Beverly Lewis!! I would so love to meet Beverly Lewis and I would definitely ask her to sign some of my books and of course, get a picture with her. :)

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?
Maybe my Full House books. ;) Although if you’ve been reading my blog lately you most likely know I really like the show Full House. I was quite excited when I found out that there were books. I’ve found quite a few at thrift stores. :)

5. How do you organize your personal library?
I organize my books alphabetically by authors last name. Although I put my American Girl books with the A’s and Dear America books with the D’s. I also have a small bookshelf by my bed and that has my Circle C and A Life of Faith books on it.



6. What book have you always meant to read but haven't gotten around to it yet?
I have meant to read the Dear America book The Winter of Red Snow but have yet to do it.


7. Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
There’s not really any book I feel embarrassed not to have read. I haven’t read all of the Little House books though. I sort of feel like I should’ve read those books by now, but I’ve only read Little House in the Big Woods so far. I want to read the rest of the series sometime.

8. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: What book did you feel you were suppose to like but didn't?
Maybe The Blades of Acktar series? I heard a bunch of people saying how good they were so I was curious to try them. Don’t get me wrong, I found them to be quite intriguing, but they were a bit too violent for me. I’m really sensitive about violence and seriously can’t handle much and because of that I didn’t enjoy them as much as I would’ve.

9. What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
I am drawn to pioneer/Oregon Trail books and Amish fiction.
I tend to stay away from fantasy. I prefer real-life stories.

10. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?
The Bible.

11. What do you plan to read next?
I really want to read Grace and the Preacher by Kim Vogel Sawyer. I’ve been wanting to for quite some time now, but I definitely need to read it this summer for sure!



Also if you need a good book to read this summer keep your eye out for the release of Jonathan Hangstefer’s debut novel, Royal Fire! It is fantasy and I’m not too fond of that genre, but this one is worth checking out. You can read about the progress of it here.


8 comments:

  1. I didn't know they made full house books! - June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t know that there was Full House books until just recently either!

      Delete
  2. Fun post!!
    Love Finds You in victory heights Washington was such a good book! And I'm going to read the Accidental Guardian on our trip coming up! ;)
    I didn't know they made full House books! What are they like?
    WOW! Your bookshelves are so awesome and organized!!! Do I see a wood block calendar in that first picture?? We have one of those too!
    I'm with you, I've always liked real life books! Especially pioneer/ Oregon trail books!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s good to hear that you like the book! I haven’t made it as far as I would like to in “Love Finds You in Victory Heights, WA”, but I’ve been enjoying it. I hope you enjoy “The Accidental Guardian”. It wasn’t my top favorite book, but I couldn’t think of anything else for the answer at the time. ;)
      I didn’t realize that there was Full House book either until just recently! Well, there are a couple books that are really similar to some episodes, but those aren’t as fun. But then there is the Full House books the Stephanie series, the Michelle series, and the Sisters series. I read one of the books in the Sisters series and even though they’re written for a younger audience I still thought it was fun. :) Those series start up like after the TV show ends so they’re not like the same stories as the show, but whole new stories. :)
      Thank you! Yes, that is a wood block calendar! That’s so fun that you have one too! I really like mine.
      Real life stories are just so much more fun. Yay, you like pioneer/Oregon Trail books too! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing the tag, Rebekah!! Your answers were so fun to read. :D
    I really liked “The Accidental Guardian” but it wasn’t exactly truly amazing ;)
    Beverly Lewis would be so fun to meet!! And sign allllllll my books haha!!!
    Your bookshelves are so pretty!!! I love them so much! Especially all the Christy Miller & Amish Fiction. :D
    Haha don’t feel bad!! I kind of skimmed through Little House books, the last few. They aren’t my favorite but still good. ;)
    REALLY! Thanks for your warning on the Blades of Acktar series, believe it or not, I almost bought “Dare” this morning!!!
    ME TOO! I really dislike fantasy haha.
    I started Grace and the Preacher but haven’t finished it yet, I really really really want to read it!
    This was such fun to read, Rebekah! Great job. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me, Victoria! I’m glad you enjoyed it, I enjoyed doing it. ;D
      Yeah, I liked “The Accidental Guardian” quite a bit, but it wasn’t like the most truly amazing book I’ve read I just couldn’t think of anything else. ;) Although after I posted it I remembered “The Road Home” by Beverly Lewis. Oh well. ;)
      Meeting Beverly Lewis would just be so fun!
      Thank you! :D
      Okay! I do still want to finish the Little House books sometime and also read the other books like the Caroline, Rose and other ones too.
      Oh really? “Dare” was really intriguing and so were the others (I actually haven’t read the whole series but I read the first 3 so far) but the violence was a bit too much for me.
      Yeah, fantasy isn’t a favorite of mine. ;)
      We both definitely need to read “Grace and the Preacher” this summer! It sounds so good!

      Delete
  4. What a fun book-ish post! Of the Little House series, I think the book, On the Banks of Plum Creek was my favorite. The first book in the series was actually my least favorite.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! I really want to finish the Little House books sometime since I've only read book 1. ;)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete