Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Tinderbox // Book Review

From the Back Cover:
With her Amish parents' twentieth anniversary approaching, eighteen-year-old Sylvia Miller stumbles across a surprise--the old brass tinderbox her clockmaker father keeps in his Lancaster County shop has been left unlocked. Against her better judgment, Sylvia opens the cherished heirloom, not realizing that what she is about to discover will splinter apart her happy life. 

Sylvia's bewilderment grows when her father confronts her about snooping in the box. To her amazement, the respected convert to the Old Order reacts as if he has something to hide.

Burdened by the weight of his deception, Earnest Miller decides he must reveal the details about his past to his beloved wife, Rhoda. The long-kept secret alters everything for the close-knit family, jeopardizing Earnest and Rhoda's relationship, as well as threatening Sylvia's recent engagement to the preacher's grandson.

Can the Millers find a way forward through the turmoil to a place of forgiveness and acceptance?


My Review:
Beverly Lewis has done it again! She writes such amazing books. They always keep my attention and I love them so much. The Tinderbox was no exception. It was a story of family and faith, hardship and uncertainty, community and mystery. I enjoyed it so much. This story does end at a horrible spot though so I am especially excited for September when the sequel, The Timepiece, will release! I highly recommended this book!! 

I give this book 9 R's out of 10 


8 comments:

  1. Loved hearing what you thought of this! I can't wait for the sequel!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm so excited to find out how everything turns out!

      Delete
  2. Tag, you're it!

    http://akansasfarmersdaughter.blogspot.com/2019/05/tagged-twice-awesomeblogger-award.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Kaitlyn! I can't wait to do it! =)

      Delete