Sunday, April 1, 2018

Teeth Extraction, Movies, and...Snow ~ My March Highlights

March was a great month filled with lots of good and memorable times.


~ On March 1st I got all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I got all four of my pre-molars pulled three years ago and it was way worse.
During my recovery I watched a lot of movies, got chipmunk cheeks, and ate copious amounts about apples sauce and jell-o. ;) Several days later I was finally able to eat an English muffin and it was so good. It took me over 20 minutes to eat it though. ;) I got quite used to eating cold food during that time because it took me forever to eat anything.

My recovery table...It really wasn't quite this neat looking... ;)

~The Iditarod! This was my 8th year following the Iditarod. My friend and I followed it again together which was fun.
My younger brothers and I also did the reading Iditarod again. Jonathan won, but I'll come in at a close second any day now. ;) We were neck and neck for a lot of it.

~During this month we had some spring weather. Some days it was super pretty and nice outside and other days it was rainy. Well, one morning I woke up to snow! It snowed for a good part of the day, but once it stopped snowing it melted really quickly. While it was still snowing I went outside and did my favorite thing, swing in the snow.
That day was so weird because it snowed in the morning, pored rain in the afternoon, and then was sunny in the evening and we grilled hamburgers.

~I watched a ridiculous amount of movies. I was recovering from my teeth getting pulled though, so it was perfectly fine. ;) The day after I got my teeth pulled three of my friends came over and watched a couple movies with me. My sister and I watch the first season of Chesapeake Shores together. I've seen it a couples times, but this was my sisters first time watching it. I also watched a lot of Full House episodes. I don't even want to count how many I watched, but hey, they're fun! ;)
Then my mom and I went to the theatre and saw I Can Only Imagine. It was a great movie and it really inspired me. Then the week after I saw that one my mom, one of my brothers, and I went to see God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness.
So yeah, lots of movies.... ;)

~My mom, sister, and I went out clothes shopping and it was lots of fun. I found several things.

~The car broke down while I was driving it. My brother and I were coming back from town one day and we were on the highway. The check engine light came on and the car wasn't driving right, so I pulled over. We hadn't been off the road for too long when these guys stopped to see if we were okay. I let them know that we were okay and that help (my dad and sister) was on the way. ;)


I didn't read as much this month as I would've thought, but I did read some good books:
Queen of the Waves by Janice Thompson
Christy Miller volume 3 by Robin Jones Gunn
Balto and the Great Race by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner
The Blessing by Wanda Brunstetter


I hope you all had a lovely March! What are you most looking forward to about April?
Happy Easter!


6 comments:

  1. We saw I Can Only Imagine too, it was so awesome!! I'm sorry about your teeth, that's crazy how long it took to be able to eat! Sounds like you had a pretty good month- minus getting teeth pulled 😐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s great that you were able to see the movie too, Paige! It was really good!
      Thanks, yeah I was surprised. ;) It was a good month. =)

      Delete
  2. How did I miss this? I’m sure I checked your blog yesterday and didn’t see a new post haha! Maybe the page needed to load!
    Yes yes! You definitely needed to watch movies when you were in recovery mode! Lots.
    I’m working on a March Wrap Up but it’s going super slow haha! Might have to do an April One instead;)
    Fun post! I love reading people’s wrap ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. :D
      Thank you! ;) I watched a ton of movies, but I did have a good reason. ;) ;)
      Yeah, writing wrap-up posts can take a bit of time sometimes, but yours was fun to read!
      Thank you, Victoria! I love reading other peoples wrap-up posts too. =)

      Delete
  3. So glad your wisdom teeth recovery went well, girl! <3 Love that quilt on your bed, by the way. :)
    Oh, the Iditarod! I totally forgot to include it in my recap! Following it was a lot of fun. :D
    Sounds like have been having some crazy weather too!
    Oh wow, so glad the car broke down in a spot where y'all could safely get out of the road. <3
    Lovely recap! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m super glad too. ;D Thank you! My aunt made that quilt for me as a graduation gift. =)
      *gasp* *wink* Following the Iditarod was lots of fun!
      Yes, the weather is just so weird!
      Me too! That stretch of road doesn’t have too many good places to pull over either. So I’m glad that it broke down in one of the “good” spots. ;)
      Thanks, Faith! <3

      Delete