Friday, June 2, 2017

Music, Medication, and Movies--My May Highlights

May has been a super busy month. There was really only two days towards the end of the month that I didn't have to do anything or go anywhere. It was lovely. One of those days I practically read all day. :)




~The month started off with me being in a Christmas mood. Thankfully it only lasted a few days, but on May 1st, I was reading a Christmas book, O Christmas Tea by Amy Woods , and watching a Christmas movie, A Christmas Detour.

~My exotic bird friend came back for a couple of days. :)



~I had a shopping spree. I went to several different thrift stores and found a ton of great books! One day I went shopping with a friend and the other times I went with my mom. :)
I actually found The Sunroom by Beverly Lewis! That book has been on my wish-list for a long time now, so I was thrilled to find it!

~I got a babysitting job and I am now babysitting once a week.

~My family and I went to three different graduations and parties.

~My family and I watch Signed, Sealed, Delivered. It’s a really fun show and I can’t wait to watch some more. :)
I also re-watched some of the episodes from the TV show Christy.
I went and saw The Case for Christ again, but this time with a friend.



~On Memorial Day weekend we had some friends over for dinner, which was fun. =)

~I put on a recital for my violin students, then a couple days later I had a recital of my own. My brother and I played two duets and a friend of mine accompanied us on the piano.

~This isn't exactly a highlight, but it was a bigger part of my month...medication. I have to take antibiotics before I go to the dentist and I had a couple dentist things that I had in May. I also had to take some medicine for an infection and root canal, but I ended up not actually having a infection or root canal, it was kinda complicated. ;)


I read some great books this month! They were:
Tenney Shares the Stage by Kellen Hertz
O Christmas Tea by Amy Woods
Millie’s Fiery Trial by Martha Finley, adapted by Kersten Hamilton
Kathleen’s Shaken Dreams by Tracy Leininger Craven
On Thin Ice by Anne Marie Rodgers
Tea is for Treasure by Kristin Eckhardt
The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis
Love Me Tender by Janice Hanna

All of these books were really good, but The Ebb Tide was definitely my favorite. I had been waiting to read it for months, and it was definitely worth the wait!! I’ll be doing a review on it soon!


I know that I haven’t been blogging that much lately. I started off the year good, but after the When Calls the Heart blog party was over, I guess I haven’t had too many things to blog about, but that should change this summer! :)

How was your May? What was one of your favorite highlights?



8 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had a busy May! The medication part doesn't sound very fun... and anything that has to do with the dentist I try to avoid. ;) And book shopping sprees sound fun! We have a thrift bookstore called 2nd and Charles that we really love to go to. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. May was just super busy for some reason.
      Yeah, the dentist isn’t my favorite place to go either. ;) I love book shopping sprees! =) Oh, fun! I’ve heard of 2nd and Charles before, but there isn’t one around here.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great month, Rebekah! :D SSD sounds like a really cute show...I need to watch it after I get caught up in WCTH. So glad everything worked out with those medications too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a pretty good month, a little too busy though. ;)
      Signed, Sealed, Delivered is a really fun show! I think you’d like it, Faith! :) Yes, you should watch it. *smiles* I can’t wait to hear all of your thoughts on When Calls the Heart. ;)
      Thanks! =)

      Delete
  3. Signed, Sealed, Delivered is WAY better than When Calls the Heart.
    Sounds like you had a buys month, Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Signed, Sealed, Delivered is really good, but I’d still say When Calls the Heart is better. :) Nothing can really beat that. ;) ;)

      Delete