Thursday, August 22, 2019

The Reading Travel Tag

I really love to travel. I also really love to read. So I decided to create The Reading Travel Tag!

Thank you to my sweet friend, Brooklyne, for making this lovely graphic!

The Rules:
~Answer the questions
~Tag some adventurous/bookish friends
~Have fun!  

Let's Hit the Road: -- A book with a road trip in it.
I think books with road trips in them are so fun! Unfortunately I don't know of too many books with road trips. The two that I can think of (and are really fun!) are:
To Get to You by Joanne Bischof.



Salty Kisses by Robin Jones Gunn. Salty Kisses is especially fun if you've read the other Christy Miller books because her and her husband and little girl go on a road trip and visit old friends so it was a treat to get to "visit" those characters. ;)


We're Clear for Take Off: -- A book where the character travels by plane.
 In A Promise is Forever, Christy travels by plane.



Save Your Pennies: -- A book set in a place you'd love to travel to.
I want to go to lots of different places, but one place that I'd love to go one day is Alaska. While I didn't particularly care for the book, Brides of Alaska, is obviously set in Alaska and I just really want to go there!



I Wish...: -- A book that made you want to visit a certain place.
I'm choosing yet another Christy Miller book. (Those books are really good, by the way. ;)) I never had any desire to travel out of the country until I read Until Tomorrow by Robin Jones Gunn. Christy Miller and some of her friends went to Europe and it sounded like so much fun. Visiting Europe is now on my list of places to go.



All Aboard: -- A book where the character travels by train. 
Millie Keith in Millie's Remarkable Journey travels by train. (My favorite series ever!!)


Ah, the Memories: -- A book set in a place you've visited.
The Proving by Beverly Lewis is set at an Amish bed and breakfast in Gordonville, Pennsylvania. Back in 2015, my mom and I actually stayed in an Amish bed and breakfast in Gordonville, PA! It was really neat, because in the book there were a few mentions of different places in Lancaster County that my mom and I have been too.


 Wait, We're There Already?: A book you read while on vacation.
I've read many books while vacation. One in particular is The Love Letters by Beverly Lewis. (I love the cover!)


Home Sweet Home: A book set in your home state. 
A book set in my home state is Love Finds You in Sun Valley, Idaho by Angela Ruth Strong. This is a pretty fun book. The main character is an actress and she's in Idaho filming her next movie which is a romantic comedy.



I tag:
Brooklyne, Faith, Kaitlyn, and Victoria!


6 comments:

  1. Ahh! I LOVE this tag! I think this is the coolest tag I've seen! Can't wait to do it, thanks for tagging me!!! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Brooklyne! Your comment made my day. <3 Yay, I'm excited to see what your answers will be!! :D

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this!!! :D Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so glad, Faith! <3 Yay, I can't wait to see your answers. :)

      Delete
  3. This tag is SO fun, i love it! I'm definitely going to be doing it sometime. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think so, Victoria! <3 I can't wait to read your answers. :)

      Delete