Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Blue Sky Tag

Shantelle from Between the Pages of this Bookish Life tagged me for the Blue Sky Tag. Thanks, Shantelle, it was fun!


The Rules:
Thank the person who tagged you
Answer the 11 questions
Tag 11 people
Give them 11 questions


1. What would you say is the hardest season that God has brought you through so far? Looking back, what did He teach you through that season?
A couple years ago my family and I went through a lot of medical related stuff. We had to travel back and forth to a hospital out of state. It was a trying and stressful time. It taught me to trust in God for the big stuff and for the small things.

2. What's one book/verse from the Bible that has inspired you lately?
Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the Lord

Will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary.

3. Do you prefer tea or coffee? And what kind (black or with cream and sugar, herbal tea, lattes, etc.)?
I like homemade mint rooibos ice tea.

4. What is one sermon/talk that you think every Christian should listen to?
Pastor Jack Hibbs from Calvary Chapel in California did a sermon on voting before the election happened in November 2016. It was excellent and every Christian should listen to it.

5. What is one (or more) book that you think every Christian should read?
I’m going to go with a series that I think every Christian girl should read. That would be the A Life of Faith Millie Keith series by Martha Finley and adapted by Kersten Hamilton. They are such wonderful books and really inspiring!

6. What is your favorite way to relax and de-stress?
Either watch a movie or read a book.

7. Was there a time in your life that God answered a prayer in a really amazing way (share the story!)?
God has answered a lot of different prayers.

8. What is one childhood hobby that you wish you’d kept pursuing?
When I was younger I collected erasers, but I don't so much anymore. Sometimes I'll get them as a gift, but I don't usually buy them anymore.

9. What do you dislike most - spiders or snakes?
Definitely spiders!

10. What is your favorite hymn?
Be Thou My Vision and It is Well With My Soul

11. What books do you really want to read this summer?
I really want to read: When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin, Katie in Waiting by Erynn Mangum, Grace and the Preacher by Kim Vogel Sawyer, The Farmer’s Market Mishap by Wanda Brunstetter, The Return by Suzanne Woods Fisher, and several other. :)


I wasn't going to tag anyone this time, but definitely feel free to do this if you want! :)




2 comments:

  1. Several of those books are on my summer TBR too.
    It Is Well With My Soul is sooo beautiful!! <3

    Fun tag, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I can't wait to read them! :)
      Yes, it is really pretty! =)

      Delete