Friday, December 23, 2016

The Lopsided Christmas Cake // Book Review

From the Back Cover:
Twin sisters Elma and Thelma Hochstetler have done everything together for their thirty-two years of lifeincluding remaining unmarried. They inherited their grandparents' house and general store, which will support them well. Now they will take on baking a cake for a Shipshewana charity event together. 
They are decent cooks, but they didn't anticipate having to demonstrate the baking process on stage before their cake will be auctioned off. They panic, and Elma struggles to keep order while Thelma bumbles through the process with a smile. The pair end up being so entertaining that bachelor friends in attendance, Joseph Beechy and Delbert Gingerich, think it was all planned. Joseph, a shy harness maker, would like to meet Thelma and asks Delbert to bid on the sisters cake.
Could a lopsided Christmas cake be the key to opening the door to a romance for one or more of the Hochstetler twins?


I really enjoyed The Lopsided Christmas Cake! It was a really good, cute, and funny story. It had me laughing quite a few times with things that the twins, Elma and Thelma, did. 
I have to admit that at first I wasn’t sure how this book would be. I’d read other books by Wanda Brunstetter and enjoyed them, but this one seemed a little, well…interesting. The cover and title seemed a bit strange and the main peoples names, Elma and Thelma, well, I just didn’t quite know what to expect, but I have to say that this book was really good. I will definitely read it again another Christmas. Also, there’s going to be a sequel to this book called, The Farmers’s Market Mishap, that comes out in June 2017. I’m looking forward to it! 
So, yes, I really enjoyed The Lopsided Christmas Cake and would recommend it! :)


I give this book 9.5 R’s out of 10



Today is the Eve of Christmas Eve! :D I am so excited!
Are you excited for Christmas in just 2 more days?



No comments:

Post a Comment