Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Exciting News!

I have an exciting announcement! I am writing a book! I seriously can't believe I'm doing it. I never considered myself a writer. I never wanted to write a book. There were a few times that it sounded fun, but I never seriously considered it. In January of 2017 I got the idea for a book. I pretty much wrote the whole story in my head, but unfortunately I couldn't get the words to flow out of my head and onto the paper.
I tried to get it written out a few times, but it just wasn't working.
In February of this year I started trying again to write that book, but kept having the same issues. I prayed about it, and came to the conclusion that maybe I should try something a bit simpler. The story I was trying to write was fairly complex and I wanted it to portray lots of different emotions, so I decided to set that aside for the time being and try something else.
I wasn't sure what that something else would be, but one day it just came to me and the words just started flowing! I felt like I couldn't write fast enough! It was definitely all God. I couldn't have done this without Him!
I'm now at around 12,600 words. My story is coming along nicely and the creative juices are flowing for that other book that I set on hold, so that's exciting. Both of these stories now hold a special place in my heart.
The story I am currently working on is a contemporary book about a 15 year old girl named Laura. At the beginning of the story her mom dies and Laura goes to live with her father that she has never really met. It's a story about how God has a plan for everything, about living life to the fullest, about finding the rainbows in life, and about seasons of change...
I'm so excited about this new adventure! You'll be hearing more about my book in a few weeks. I have something fun planned with a friend!
My friend, Brooklyne, has been so encouraging in my writing journey. She is also in the process of writing a book, so it's fun to be able to chat about our works in progress together and do word sprints! (Those are so fun!)


I bought this super cute flash drive. It's a little glass bottle with a cork top. So now I literally have a message in a bottle! :)





4 comments:

  1. Ahh! So excited that you are embarking on this writing journey!
    You have been a huge encouragement to me with my writing as well! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited about it!
      Aw, I'm so glad we can encourage each other!! <3 <3

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting, Rebekah!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Kaitlyn!! Your sweet words totally made my day! <3
      I can't wait to read your book!!

      Delete