Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving, Christmas Fun, and Violin ~ My November Highlights

November has ended. It was another good month.



~On November 4th, I started watching Christmas movies! I used to always want to wait for all things Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I decided that once November came I was going to start! :)

~I went to my brothers last football game of the season. It was the all-star game and only one of my brothers played, but the team he was on won!

~Thanksgiving came. My family and I went over to my grandparents house and we had a nice time. The weather was great so we were able to spend a little time outside playing games.

~The book club this month went really well. I put together a scavenger hunt and all the girls had a lot of fun with it!

~I decorated my room for Christmas. I put up my mini tree and hung up lights.

~My younger brothers and I went over to my grandparents house and helped them decorate for Christmas.

~I had a violin recital.

~My brothers and I went to a game day at a friends house and we played human foosball. It was more fun than I thought it would be, but it did end up making me pretty sore for the next few days. ;)

~Some of my family and I got together with a group of friends and had fun visiting and playing games.

~I've been getting ready for a Christmas concert that I am in. I'm in the orchestra and the performances are this weekend!

I read some of my first Christmas books of the season along with some other fun books.
Trouble Brewing by Susan Page Davis
Mandie and the Secret Tunnel by Lois Gladys Leppard
Andi to the Rescue by Susan K. Marlow
The Tea Will Tell by Elizabeth Ludwig 
Mandie and Joe's Christmas Surprise by Lois Gladys Leppard
The Christmas She Wanted by Rebekah A. Morris
Christmas Smiles by Rebekah A. Morris


Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?
Have you started getting ready for Christmas yet?


4 comments:

  1. Oh, what books do you use for violin?? I also play it, it is soooo beautiful <3 <3 <3
    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s so cool that you play the violin too, Paige! It really is a pretty instrument. :)
      I mostly use the Suzuki method. I also enjoy playing songs out of the Solos For Young Violinists books. I do play songs out of other books sometimes, but those are the two books I mainly use. What books do you use?

      Delete
  2. Human foosball? *laughs* Girl, that sounds painful!! ;)
    I hope the Christmas concert goes well! It sounds really pretty. :)
    Fun books!! I have a stack of Christmas books that I want to get read soon. I was counting last night, and I need to finish a book every 3 days to read them all this month...which will mean finishing a couple of them after Christmas, and that doesn't include ebooks. :P
    Anyway, great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely interesting and yes, a bit painful. I got hit with the ball quite a few time and was sore for a few days after that.
      Thanks! It’s been going really well!
      Oh wow! Well, hopefully you can read them all! :D I’m not quite sure how many I want to try and read, but there’s quite a few. ;)
      Thanks, Faith! =)

      Delete