Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August Highlights

Hi everyone! I cannot believe that August is over already! It just seems like summer has gone by super fast.
This month has been fun. It wasn’t too busy, which was kind of nice. :)



--On August 4th, my two younger brothers and I went to a concert. We saw Family Force 5. Okay, this is definitely not my type of music. The reason I went was because the concert was at a really fun waterpark. We had a lot of fun going down all of the super fun water slides. Since the concert was outside, the music wasn’t too loud, which was nice. ;) It was a really fun night.

--My family and I had fun watching the Olympics. My favorite events are swimming and women’s gymnastics. 


I was able to read these 9 books this month: 
Rebekah in Danger by Colleen L. Reece 
Christy Miller’s Diary by Robin Jones Gunn
Child of Mine by David and Beverly Lewis
Stage Fright by Catherine Marshall
With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin
Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin
Goodbye, Sweet Prince by Catherine Marshall
Defy by Tricia Mingerink
Brotherly Love by Catherine Marshall


How was your August? Did you watch the Olympics? Which event is your favorite?


5 comments:

  1. Ohhh...you have The Fiddler! I just read it this month :) And With Every Letter! How did you find it?!

    Water slides! Sounds like fun! :) Actually never heard Family Force 5 before, what kind of music do they play?

    Were you able to watch the synchronized diving? Those were super fun to watch!

    Really enjoyed reading about your month, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you enjoy “The Fiddler”? I did. It’s one that I am hoping to re-read sometime. :) I really enjoyed “With Every Letter”! :) It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Did you like it? =)
      The water slides were a lot of fun! :D Family Force 5 does Christian rock/hip-hop, yeah, not my type of music. ;)
      Yes, I did watch some synchronized diving. It’s really cool. :)
      I’m glad you enjoyed it, Blessing! :D

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did enjoy 'The Fiddler'! As well as "With Every Letter". They were both very good books! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh, Rebekah, I love your post graphic!! The date, the books...aahhh! So pretty. :)
    Sounds like some great books. ;) I really wanna read "Child of Mine". :D

    My August was great! And no, I didn't watch the Olympics. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you liked it, Faith! :) I just recently got that little date thingy and was wanting to somehow use it in this post. The other night I came up with the idea to put it together with books. I’m happy with the way it turned out. : )
      “Child of Mine” is just so good. Re-reading it this past month was fun. It had been just long enough since I’d read it the first time, that I had sort of forgotten a few things. :)

      I’m glad you had a great August too!

      Delete