Friday, October 8, 2021

Mind the Gap // Book Review

 
About the Book:
 The best thing to do when all your dreams get crushed? Pack your bags and head to London.

Kate Macon has spent her life preparing to be a teacher and six weeks into her dream come true, everything crashes and burns thanks to budget cuts and a hiring freeze. With nothing but bowls of cookie dough and Pride and Prejudice marathons to look forward to, it’s not a hard decision when her grandmother calls and invites her on a trip to London.

However, instead of being an escape from reality, London just proves to be a catalyst for bringing out the worst in Kate. All her fears, insecurities and frustration seem to be right in front of everything. And her feisty grandmother, not to mention their quick-witted tour guide, aren’t helping to lift the mood.

What could the Lord possibly be doing by causing so much havoc in Kate’s life? When everything seems to be falling apart, could it be Jesus putting things back together – but in a way Kate never could have imagined?

Grab your passport and a hot cup of coffee. This is a London adventure you won’t want to miss.


My Review:
I absolutely love Erynn Mangum’s books so when I heard she was releasing a new book I was thrilled!
Mind the Gap was a great book and did not disappoint at all.
The main character, Kate, and her grandmother went on a trip to London. I thought that was a fun setting for a book. The places described sounded so fun and now London is on my long list of places to go one day. ;)
I don’t know how Erynn Mangum does it but her characters are so relatable and a lot of times they remind me of myself. Kate was no exception. She was a fun character although she did worry quite a bit and had a hard time just relaxing and just having fun and she also had a hard time trusting God with life. I could really relate to that and it was really encouraging to see Kate grow throughout the book.
Kate’s Gran was a super sweet lady. I absolutely loved her.
Then there was Oliver. He was such a nice guy. I really liked him. He was also super encouraging. Not only was he such a totally sweet and genuine guy he was really good looking too. (How do I know a book character is good looking you may ask? Well, Oliver was described as looking like John Thornton from the movie North and South!)
Mind the Gap was such a great book and I can’t wait to own a paperback copy!!
I can’t quite express how much I love this book. It was so amazing and encouraging. The ending definitely made me tear up because of how sweet and amazing it was. This is most definitely a book I will be re-reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment