Monday, March 23, 2020

Would You Rather // The Amazing Race Tag



Today Brooklyne and I are doing a fun tag together. We are doing The Amazing Race Tag! We had fun planning this. If you don’t know what the Amazing Race is then here’s a brief description for you that Brooklyne found:
 "The Amazing Race is a reality television game show in which teams of two people race around the world in competition with other teams. Contestants strive to arrive first at "Pit Stops" at the end of each leg of the race to win prizes and to avoid coming in last, which carries the possibility of elimination or a significant disadvantage in the following leg.
...Clues provided in each leg lead the teams to the next destination or direct them to perform a task, either together or by a single member. These challenges are related in some manner to the country wherein they are located or its culture. Teams are progressively eliminated until three are left; at this point, the team that arrives first in the final leg is awarded the grand prize."

So, it’s a race around the world and pretty entertaining to watch. I do have a disclaimer though. There is some language. So, that's a downfall of the show.
Brooklyne and I have taken some of the challenges, roadblocks, and detours from various season of the Amazing Race and are doing a would you rather kind of tag.
We’ll tell you a bit about each challenge then tell you which one we picked.

Would You Rather // Amazing Race Challenges

1. Sandcastles vs. Hay Bales 

Sandcastles explained: There are 400 sandcastles on the hot beach. The clues are hidden under the sandcastles. You must look under the castles to find your clue, but if it’s not under that one you must rebuild the sandcastle before moving onto the next one.
Hay Bales explained: Searching through 186 giant hay bales you must find your clue. The clues are hidden inside the hay bales and you have to unroll them one at a time to see if your clue is inside.
(It may not sound too hard but once one team struggled for nearly 10 hours and never found the clue).


What would we rather do?

Rebekah's Answer: I think I would choose to do the sand castles. Both could either be quick or they could take forever, but I’d choose the sand castles because I don’t think I’d have enough strength to do too many hay bales.
Brooklyne's Answer: I choose Hay bales. I'd rather take my chance with the hay than burn in the sun trying to find and remake new sandcastles. I'd probably get a rash from the hay, but I'd just wear long sleeves and make sure to bring a pocket knife for the twine.

2. Shaving Your Head vs Bungee Jumping 

Shaving You Head explained: This task is very self explanatory, though would take some amazing dedication to the Race in order to complete it.
Bungee Jumping explained: This was a task quite a few times, but one specific time it was jumping from a 364 foot bridge.

What would we rather do?

Rebekah's Answer: As much as the thought of bungee jumping terrifies me I’d try to find my courage, because I really wouldn’t want to shave my head!
Brooklyne's Answer: I'm gonna have to go with Bungee Jumping! It would be terrifying, but at least I'd have my hair... :)

3. Tea Tasting vs Flags of the Countries Memory Challenge

Tea Tasting explained: Basically all you do is taste a flavor of tea then you search among hundreds of cups of different/similar teas to find a match to the one you tasted earlier.
Flags of the Countries Memory Challenge explained: Throughout the season teams were greeted with hello and goodbye in the language of whichever country they were in. Now you must match all nine different hello and goodbyes from the country you visited to the corresponding flag for that country.


What would we rather do?

Rebekah's Answer: Both of these would be quite tough, but I’d really have to go with the tea tasting. I feel like I’d have an easier time trying to find the right tea then trying to do a memory challenge of the flags.
Brooklyne's Answer: Tea Tasting. Why? Because I'm observant, and might be able to pick out the right taste. Also, I don't think I could do the other flag challenge!

4. Eating Fish eggs vs. Eating Snake

Eating Fish Eggs explained: Eat 1 kilogram of caviar (just over 2 pounds).
Eating Snake explained: You must eat a portion of cobra meat. Not only do you just have to eat the meat you’re eating it in front of a glass cage with live cobras in it.

What would we rather do?

Rebekah's Answer: Umm…this is disgusting, but I’d definitely choose the eating snake meat because I think it would be easier then trying to eat that many fish eggs.
Brooklyne's Answer: Yuck, neither! That sounds disgusting! I might have to take a 4 hour penalty on this task...

5. Dancing Routine vs. Choir Boy Sing Along in a Different Language

Dancing Routine explained: Learn a choreographed dance routine and perform in front of a judge.
Choir Boy Sing Along in a Different Language explained: Basically, you learn a song in a language you have never heard before and perform it with Choir boys. Sounds hard, I know!

What would we rather do?

Rebekah's Answer:  It takes me awhile to get the footwork down for a new dance but I feel like I could do it faster then trying to learn a song in a different language…
Brooklyne's Answer: Ah, I'd have to go with the first one... As clumsy as I am, I think I could do a dance routine faster than I can learn a song in a different language!

6. Synchronized Diving vs. Kayaking Rapids 

Synchronized Diving explained: Both you and your teammate complete a dive in exact tune with each other. Diving from a tall diving board into deep waters below, one must have perfect timing and be on the same page with your teammate.
Kayaking Rapids explained: Although this might sound like a easier task than up above, trust me, it comes with it's own challenge. One must complete a timed course through man-made rapids and turns. All the while collecting colored flags along the way.

What would we rather do??

Rebekah's Answer: I’m not a big fan of being in the water, but I’d have to choose the kayaking.
Brooklyne's Answer: Sign me up for the Kayaking challenge. Sounds hard, but I think I might be able to do it! ...with a lot of practice.

7. Repelling from a Bridge vs. Tightrope Walk

Repelling form a Bridge explained: Up on a high bridge dangled above the water by one rope? Sounds adventurous to say the least.
Tightrope Walk explained: One team member had to cross a tightrope between the San Francisco Bay Towers, 35 stories high and 65 feet across!

What would we rather do?

Rebekah's Answer: I’d choose to repel, because that just sounds way less scary! ;)
Brooklyne's Answer: Repel from a bridge...that, over a 35 story high tightrope walk any day.


Wow, Brooklyne, we chose a lot of the same tasks! :D This was so much fun!

If anyone would like to do this tag then consider yourself tagged!




4 comments:

  1. THIS WAS SUCH A FUN POST TO PUT TOGETHER WITH YOU!!! *throws bright yellow and green confetti*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm so glad we did it!! :D *twirls around in the confetti*

      Delete
  2. That is fun. I want to do it on here =)
    1 HayBales (I do not have patience to build sandcastles)
    2 Bungy Jumping (For obvious reasons)
    3 Tea tasting (I think I can do that better..)
    4 Snake? No- I get a penalty!
    5 Dancing routine (I'm an ice skater and have to learn choreography on the spot a lot)
    6 Kayaking Rapids (In exchange for Synchronized Swimming)
    7 Repelling from a bridge. (Repelling can be fun. Not to mention I can't even walk on a tightrope 1 foot of the ground....)

    This was fun! Great job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you thought it was fun! I really enjoyed seeing your answers. :) :)

      Delete