Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Author Interview // Jonathan Hangstefer

I've been wanting do do an author interview with Jonathan for quite awhile now. I asked him awhile back and he said yes. Since his book just came out I decided now was a great time to do it.



Jonathan Hangstefer lives in Idaho. When he's not spending time with family, reading, running, or drinking coffee, Jonathan likes writing stories. Royal Fire is his first novel.
Jonathan blogs over at The Second Brother.


1.When did you first become interested in writing?
I first became interested in the beginning of 2015, but I didn't really start writing consistently until 2016.

2. How did you become interested in writing?
I don't really know. One day I just decided I was going to write a story.

3. Is there any specific authors/books that have inspired you?
My writing style is influenced by Cressida Cowell and Rick Riordan.

4. What is the hardest part of writing for you? (character development, story line, etc.)
I have a hard time writing the middle of the story, but I'm getting better at it.

5. What’s the easiest part?
Brainstorming. I love coming up with the story and characters.

6. Do you have a favorite time period that you like your stories to be set in?
When I write fantasy, I use a little bit of medieval influences. But when I write urban fantasy it is set in the modern world.

7. Are you currently working on a book? If so, when do you hope it will be done?
I am actually working on two books right now. One of them is middle grade and the other is young adult. I am almost done with the first draft of my middle grade story. I just started the first draft of my young adult book.

8. What was your favorite scene to write in Royal Fire?
I would have to go with the scene at the end of chapter 14 when Horcus goes and visits Traywet. It was super fun and easy to write.


You can buy his book here on Amazon.



Cedric Northchest and his friends Berne, Everett, and Winnefred have rather ordinary lives. Nothing remotely exciting ever happens to them until one day an elf named Ex-Tron shows up in their little town. Ex-Tron tells them that he needs their help finding the Guardian of Fire. Ex-Tron takes them to a once beautiful world called Arsought. Now the nights crawl with evil and each passing day grows darker. The Guardian of Fire protects a magical weapon called Royal Fire. Cedric and his friends must find the Guardian and learn how to use Royal Fire before the dark reign of Horcus is complete.







6 comments:

  1. Jonathan’s your brother, right?? That’s so neat he published a book. I enjoyed reading this interview, Rebekah !! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, yes he is. How did you know? :) I know! I’m super excited that’s it’s published! I’m glad you enjoyed it, Victoria. =)

      Delete
    2. Haha, that was a guess! I thought bc you often tagged him when’s you did tags. xD

      Delete